Sunday, July 4, 2010

Pierce Sticks with Celtics

After a short period of suspense, the Boston Celtics today agreed to terms with Paul Pierce (number 7 on the Big Board) for a 4 year, $62 million contract. I’ve never been the biggest Pierce fan and I definitely think he showed that his best days are behind him. That said, though, I like that the Celtics are committing to one (or maybe two) more title runs before Garnett, Pierce, and Ray Allen ride off into the sunset. And I’m a sucker for a player, even one I’m not fond of, playing his entire career with one team and I think this contract definitely takes Pierce all the way to retirement. Oh, and this deal looks great when you compare what Rudy Gay has done in his career versus what Pierce has done in his and consider that their new contracts are virtually the same per year. Good move all around.

Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment