Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Udonis Haslem Stays with Miami

Udonis Haslem (number 21 on the Big Board) agreed to 5 year, $20 million contract with the Miami Heat, turning down more lucrative offers from other teams. The Heat is the only team Haslem has ever played for and it's likely that his career will end there at this point. This one hurts. When the offseason began, I targeted Haslem as a guy I wanted on the Mavs. He's a perfect fit for the Mavericks, a banger who knows his role, rebounds, plays incredible defense, and can hit a 16 foot jumper. When news arrived earlier this week that the Mavs were actually pursuing Haslem, I was ecstatic. They were actually doing what I wanted them to do! What a glorious day. And then Haslem takes less money to resign with Miami. Blerg. Obviously I can't fault the guy for staying home and displaying his loyalty. This is a great signing for the Heat. Haslem can be a backup for Chris Bosh or the starting center next to him, depending on who else they bring in to fill out their roster. He's the ultimate role player and an outstanding teammate and only continues to deepen my NBA off season depression.

Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment